Thread: 6 week cure
View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-20, 08:04

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Reading back through the thread--I said the six-week cure was the jump off point for the next fifteen pounds of weight loss. Well, it sort of was. But it didn't last. Bit of water under the bridge since then. I've lost with higher protein lower fat a number of times--but eventually rebounded. My longest successful maintenance at the mid-150s pound weight range is the last several years, including now. I found emphasizing fat, keeping to a fairly ketogenic ratio, helped. Starting a fairly active full time job also helped--I don't think it's just the calories burned, but the structure it gives to my days makes it easier to stay on plan (I was always low carb before that, for over a decade, I mean it makes it easier to stick to more specific protein/fat goals as opposed to eating whatever low carb foods I want).

One year after losing down to 154 pounds, I found I had a tendency to binge--on things like honey, or maple syrup right out of the bottle. Or if I bought a jar of peanut butter, I'd eat a tablespoon one day, another the next--but eventually I'd eat most of the jar in a sitting. Or a pound or more of nuts. I got curious about what the 4:1 diet for epilepsy was like--I tried it and found it stopped the binges in their tracks. My current diet isn't quite so stringent, but I do go towards a higher fat ratio.