#65   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-13, 12:11

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 160/149/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Peanuts are not a true nut, they are a legume. Beside the allergen potential of the peanut itself from the natural lectins in all legumes, they can easily be contaminated with mold (aflatoxin) and all manner of nasty stuff. It might be just be in the one container you have, but true tree nuts like almonds are safer.
http://whole9life.com/2009/12/peanut-manifesto/
And all nuts are way too easy to overeat; not good if trying to lose weight.

Hey Jey100,

I do keep the nuts in an old container that I just re-fill, so perhaps I should look at that.

So, Friday was the last day I had my cheesy egg breakfast and for the weekend I had bolognese meat sauce I'd made as my breakfast (weird I know!) and this morning I had 2 hardboiled eggs with some butter. Today I'm hungry and it's only 10am whereas I'd normally go through the day without eating till tea / dinner time. I skied on Saturday all day (hard!) and had mac / cheese for lunch which I know is off plan but it's one meal off plan I do when I ski as I'm on the mountain all day, and going at it hard. Perhaps not ideal....!

I'm not feeling as bloated however since Friday, so that may be an indication and the hives I had been having last week have subsided. I've still had some greek yogurt most days, so it's interesting.....

I'm kinda therefore not convinced about the dairy thing but will do the rest of this week with a non cheesy breakfast and then maybe next week have it again, and if there is a radical difference in how I feel / hives, then I'll know.

Anyway - thought I'd update this thread, be keen to know how the others are finding cutting out dairy?!

PG!