View Single Post
  #195   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-19, 21:26
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

As you already know, back in May I had my first follow-up CAC scan done. The results were unbelievable (almost literally). I was not provided any copies of the images as many labs do -- only the reports with the Agatston Scores were given to me through my doctor. But I wanted to see the images for myself so I requested copies of both scans on CD. It took them a while to get around to it, but I finally did receive them. Although the image slices of my heart are a bit fuzzier than I expected, I do feel better about my results. With my layman's eyes I see less calcium in the 2019 images. It looks like my 54% calcium reduction in 28 months may very well be real. Why don't you take a look for yourself?

I created a PDF with a side-by-side comparison between my 2017 and 2019 CAC scans, matching the slice of my heart as best I could. The calcium is the bright white specs. I started the sequence one slice before the first calcium appeared and ended it on slice after the last calcium appeared.

http://www.idsimis.com/lowcarber/cac-2017vs2019v3.pdf

Once loaded, flip through the pages to see each slice of my heart. So what do you think? There's no way to quantify how much calcium is there from the images, but from what I'm seeing there are fewer calcium specs on my 2019 scans. That's what I wanted to see.

BTW: I will be having a CIMT scan done next week. That is an ultrasound that measures soft plaques in the arteries of my neck. I'm hoping for good results. I'll post that info when I have it.