View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 16:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/221/185
BF:
Progress: 76%
Smile yessir... danger food!

Without a doubt 2 things... most any fruit pie (makes me nauseous) ... all I can figure it's the combination of hi fat and sugar and flour together... find myself running to for tha Gas-X.

the other is bread... I don't find I crave too many things anymore... and have tried a few of my old time favorite carb foods once I had broken my addiction to them... rice was one... and it no longer had that "orgasmic, melt into your chair" response like they used to... (chocolate lovers... does that addiction reaction sound familiar?)

But on my first Thanksgiving on this WOL, I had a couple of spoonfuls of stuffing... and I found myself almost uncontrollably wanting to binge... it was very uncomfortable... I did manage to resist, well, I had a little more with my meal, but I found that for about three days afterward, all the cravings that were there before Atkins, were back with a vengence. After that, I was ok again...

I've tried to recreate (it is good to learn how your body works, so long as you can feel confident that you know that craving is not you but addiction... so I find it "a bit" easier to resist) with other foods, even pasta and pastries, but it is bread that triggers the response with even a small amount of it...

I've never tried it with Wonderbread though... I'm not sure if that qualifies as bread...LOL... I may need to do more research.