View Single Post
  #1507   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 17:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, friends, from lovely DE.

Jaz- Sorry the soup didn't turn out and that you had some yuckiness from dairy too. Frustrating. What had you made that was cheesy?

VERY exciting about two weeks in St Simon! Love that for you!

Lori- I'm glad Betty's electrical got worked out. Any further news from the guy interested in her property?

Definitely sounds like it has been chilly there! We had a really nice Fall but I guess it is about that time. ugh!

Trig- What happened to DD's ankle? Poor kiddo- hopefully some rest will do her good.

Sorry you are still feeling icky. I am guessing it will be a while to recover but Lord knows that is super annoying and aggravating.

Do you feel like changes in your Mom have been fairly sudden in the last year or you saw it coming? You and Tony are definitely getting the squeeze between the two parents.

••••••••

DH and I came to DE yesterday evening and will be here until Monday evening. I like a longer visit but this time we came (and are leaving) together and I'm planning on going on the GA trip but just the mountain house part with the girlfriends.

It is just so lovely here. Even the drive over. By the time we cross the Bay Bridge, we can feel our shoulders dropping along with whatever pressures we feel. I think that is partly why everyone here is so NICE. This is where people have chosen to get away from it all and with most retired, people have a slower pace. Walking, biking, fitness, pickleball, dog park-- just doing fun things seems to be the order of the day. I really do think that must be the "secret sauce" to the neighborhood.

Today I saw a white heron and a blue heron flying side by side, really low. Absolutely stunning. Later there was a cormorant in the pond in front of the house- that was my first spotting of one of those. Tons of geese flying overhead also but we see those in MD as well.

Got a good 9K steps in today plus a bit, just taking the dogs on walks etc. Tomorrow DH and I will be hanging out watching the Ravens play. He will play pickleball in the AM but that's not in the cards right now for me, unfortunately.

Oh- I got a solid hit on 156 today. Whoo hoo! I bet I will be up tmrw from eating out, but it was good to see it again!