#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-19, 07:49

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Zero Q&A with Dr. Rhonda Patrick

Zero Q&A with Rhonda Patrick | January 2019 1-6-2019

We sat down with Dr. Rhonda Patrick to get answers to some of your frequently asked questions.

Interested in a specific topic? Jump to it here:

2:04
Can you discuss in further detail why you recommend a water-only fast versus consuming coffee or amino acids while in a fasted state? I am looking to optimize my morning workouts with amino acids or a caffeine boost and want to know what benefits I am potentially missing out on versus the benefits I likely still receive.

10:44
First of all, thanks for all that you do! You have changed my life. Is there any more evidence yet surrounding if having coffee, tea, supplements, etc. while fasting disrupts the benefits of fasting? What about electrolytes?

12:57
Has there been evidence that one method of fasting is better than others?

22:20
Will consumption of exogenous ketones disrupt a fasting state?

27:44
I practice a simple 12 hour eating window and a 24 hour fast once a week. My question is, are there any downsides to training fasted as I usually do? The exercises involved are heavy weight training and moderate cardio afterwards. Just wanted to know if I’m metabolically doing harm or having adverse effects on the intended goals. Thanks and much love to your work.

32:45
Can you elaborate on the growth-longevity trade off? By fasting we down-regulate the aging pathways such as mTOR, growth hormone, and IGF1, but in order to build muscle through resistance training we need to eat protein and have these pathways activated in order to maintain/build muscle. Is there a way we can get the best of both worlds? Is this trade off overstated? How so? Thank you!

42:09
The ideal way to break a fast; is there a method to the madness with macro timing as it pertains to glycogen levels, or is it fine to eat anything in particular once you reach your eating window?

45:09
Does caffeine interfere with autophagy?
Sponsored Links