Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: dr. akins
Stats: 308/205/150
BF:
Progress:
Default tips for low carbing

genesis.....bill
your tips on low carb dieting was excellent. alot of the ideas you have i have already been applying to my new life style. but i did learn some new ones from you. i like what you said about telling the waiter to hold the pasta and breads, just tell them that you are diabetic and they most of the time will understand, but if you say you are on a low carb diet plan they just look at you like you are crazy or something. if found out long ago this works for me to.
another helpful hint you may want to add to your list is that when you feel down and may have eaten wrongly, just pick yourself up by doing something postive for yourself, like get out of the house and go shopping, go walk around in the mall for exercise, read, clean house, just do something in motion, don't sit still and mope around about it. you will find if you take your mind off eating and onto other postive things you will just go back to your diet plan without even thinking about it much. i have been on thie plan for over a year now and thats what i do when i feel or eat something i shouldn't have. "they say if you fall down, just get right back up and go on"............................
see ya! thanks for the hints.
i plan to print them up for a friend of mind who i am helping to lose weight.