#14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-09, 13:48
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

All these are super tips.

Get some low carb cookbooks and browse the recipe section of the forum. So many great ideas. I love to cook, but it admittedly took me a while to "relearn" how to do so in a low carb manner. I think the biggest thing that helped me find meals and keep things interesting was to try and make low carb versions of things I loved, like chicken parmesan (and STUFFED chicken parm..omg..sooooo good). Once you open your mind to it, it's really pretty simple to come up with some really great recipes. Variety has helped keep me sane and on track!

Don't get discouraged if your weight goes up on some days (if you make the decision to weigh daily like I do). It happens. I have found that sometimes no matter how clean I eat and how much exercise I do, I can still end up a pound heavier in the morning. What matters is that it does eventually go back down. I lose weight in spurts. For example, in the middle of this month, I hovered between 209 and 210 for 12 days..it seemed and felt like forever. Then all of a sudden, I lost 9 lbs in a week and a half. Everyone will lose differently, and it won't always be a constant loss. I'll take it in whatever way it decides to come