#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-10, 11:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/233/195 Male 6'2''
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Weight Lifting and LC'ing

Hi Everyone

I know this post is pretty much a repost, but I had some specific questions in regards to weight lifting and losing weight.

So I was at about 300 pounds in November and I'm now down to 259, I've been stuck at 257-259 for the last two weeks, and its mainly my fault (drinking to much with school starting back up!). Anyways, now that I'm starting to get used to my schedule and quitting the sauce, I should be able to fit in about an hour of working out at lunch, and I want to be as efficient as possible in my weight loss.

I've read a few things, that weight training is better for losing weight than cardio is... does anyone have any personal experiences trying both?

Ive read that your body cant be in the process of building muscle(anabolic) and burning fat at the same time(catabolic) - does this apply to low carb diets? I assume that in a normal low calorie diet you cant build mass because you dont have have enough food and calories from protein to actually sustain muscle growth?

My biggest concern is that I am going to be spinning my wheels and not moving in any direction trying to lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time? Could you guys give me some ideas, or your struggles and what you discovered in the process?

Thanks!
Jon
Sponsored Links