View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 09:15

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Hello . Excuse me for jumping in here but there are a couple of things I'd like to point out. Please bear in mind, this is my opinion only, but maybe (hopefully) it's worth considering...

First of all - This WOL is about improving your health (primarily), weight loss is secondary. Are you improving your health by taking a manufactured substance that causes the body to do something unnatural? If we were designed to "block carbs", there wouldn't be low-carbing to begin with...

Second - What is in this stuff and why does it work? Look at the problems with phen-phen, redux, ephedrine, etc. How many long-term studies have been done? Are they controlled studies? Does anyone know for certain what the effects are going to be to taking these?

Third - Since this is a Way Of LIFE, one of the purposes is to re-learn eating habits and eat more like paleolithic man. I'm sure there were no carb blockers centuries ago! Simply finding a way to "cheat" is not teaching you anything for the long-haul.

Fourth - The Eadeses strongly recommend that we learn to eat foods in their most natural states, and not rely on using processed foods. If we're trying to avoid processed foods, does that not also include manufactured substances that have no existence in nature?

Fifth - If there were any one "cure" for obesity - don't you think it would've been discovered long before now? There is no magic pill - not now, not before and most likely not in the future. Sorry, but that's the truth. You're neglecting accountability here. This is something you need to DO - not something that can (supposedly) be done for you. If you really want to improve your health and lose weight, isn't it worth a little effort on your behalf?

Ok - I won't go on now. Guess the upshot of this post I would run like crazy from the things ! Follow the program as it's written and it will work. And you'll be much healthier for it!

Thank you for listening.