#8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-19, 11:41

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Generalizations... just that. When people say exercise just makes them more hungry etc., I believe it. But it's just one of those things that can happen, and we don't know that it will happen to everybody. Damage the hypothalamus one, way, you might get a lethargic animal, normal appetite, another way, increased appetite same activity levels, another way... not that we're all explained by damaged hypothalamuses, the point is just that regulation of body mass isn't a simple linear system, where decreased food intake inevitably leads to decreased activity levels (though it seems to work that way for me personally, but eating more ketogenically even within low carb weakens the effect) or increased activity inevitably drives food intake up--again, it may be a common enough occurence, but it's not a simple system, it's just one possible outcome to that input.

I think it's more complicated than that. Vigorous exercise causes inflammation and that can cause gain even if the person isn't eating more or different. I have had problems with high cortisol in the past. Some of it is hormonal. People who blow out their adrenals training, that kind of thing.