Old Tue, Jan-01-13, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, BFFM, BFL
Stats: 130/113/112 Female 64
BF:20%/17%/15%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySage
Happy New Year to you too!! Here's to new motivation and some really good running moments along the way! When I read your post and the sun light box you got I realized how long I've had mine, (12 years!) and did a little research wondering if mine had become outdated but the company I got it from is still making the same version...I was mistaken on the lux amount, it emits 10,000...I was thinking it was 30,000 which I don't think they even make...anyway, I really use it every winter, 30 min. every morning and it makes a huge difference for me. I got it when I lived up on the coast and we'd have days of endless rain and no sun....I was in such bad shape I went for the strongest sun box I could find! It's a 'North Star' 10,000 from 'Alaska Northern Lights'.....Have a great New Year's Day!!
Meg

Hi Meg,
Thanks for the information. After I read your first post I went to Amazon to look for a 30,000 lux unit I wanted the strongest one possible

The 'Alaska Northern Lights' looks like a very good unit. If I upgrade next year I will check it out.

I really have a hard time in the winter with lack of sun exposure. Up to now I've just taken vitamin D and dealt with it, but I wanted to try a light box to see if it would help. The past couple of days I set it up in front of my spinning bike and used it while riding. It's still not the same as being outside in the summer but I'm hoping it will get me through.