View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Tue, May-16-23, 14:07

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I thought I'd posted this on here before, but apparently not, because I don't see it anywhere.

A friend took a drug very similar to semaglutide (ozempic/wegovy) years ago. She said she lost weight on the drug like crazy, but had to quit because it made her so nauseous and upset her digestive tract so much. Weight came right back as soon as she stopped taking it.

Another thing she said about it was that because of how nauseous it makes you, you simply can't eat LC - it's just too difficult to digest fats and proteins on it. So you end up eating mostly carbs, and still feel sick to your stomach most of the time.

I'm thinking that feeling sick to your stomach most of the time must be a major part of the appetite suppressant, since most of us don't feel much like eating if we're constantly nauseous.

Despite all the glowing reports of how quickly you lose weight on it, I'm finally starting to see lists of side effects, and nausea is one of the major ones.

Currently, her diabetic sister is taking it, and has lost a tremendous amount of weight. She didn't say much about the nausea, but she did say her sister looked like she'd aged about 20 years in the couple of months she's been taking it.