View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 23:13

Plan: My own.
Stats: 206/194.4/155 Female 5'6"
BF:27.17%
Progress: 23%

I disagree that there's no science to it. And coincidentally, that's what many people say about low carb living, so I would have expected better from this forum.

Moreover, the diet for O's is NOT low carb. It can be done low carb, but it is not a low carb diet.

I am an O. Following the diet got rid of my asthma, my depression, my acne, my gerd, and my migraines, and all without going low carb. In fact, I ate a LOT of chocolate when I did the diet... a LOT of chocolate.

I don't follow it as religiously as I once did. I eat my avocados and cashews and my dairy. I didn't avoid vinegar and actually really wish I had as I wound up with a bad candida infection- now I make my own vinegar free mayo.

I've taken a little from BTD and a little SCD and put a low carb spin on them both that seems to be working. My friend who was an A did much better on a vegetarian diet, and she never had weight issues- or health issues except for the bad heart she was born with.

That being said, I've been reluctantly discovering that coffee really isn't my friend, and while I eat avocados, I know they don't agree with my stomach. I have a NASTY corn allergy, and all my migraines went away when I stopped eating corn.

Dare I say something is wrong with your diet if you need the coffee to prevent migraines?