Thread: Ottawa area
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 12:13

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Well it sure is a small world. I am so used to chatting with mostly US folks on LC that this is a real eye-opener. Most canucks I've *run* into before are either from the TO region or BC.

Doreen - I work in Kingston, and it's about a 40 min drive each way along highway15 - but a lovely drive especially this time of year with the leaves changing. Often for a change of pace we go to Smiths Falls for groceries as it's the same distance. Gananoque is also a good place to shop but only after the tourists leave.

Nat - I'm in Leeds Grenville County, Rideau Lakes Township. Never thought of myself as a valley person, but I guess I am of sorts. Where is Greenbush?

Karen - My dh will be delighted to learn about the *Vancouver* connection - he spent infancy to 16 yrs in Victoria, before joining the army. He still thinks BC has it all over Ontario for being on the cutting edge

I think this part of Ontario has it all - close enough for day trips to Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto - all the maple syrup we can't eat and some of the most beautiful scenery around. I just did the 10k hike at Charleston Lake - the leaves are gorgeous.