#14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 04:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I can be very restrictive, and I am. It was that or stay fat.

Like Bob, I had to make choices. It's been a whole year since I've settled on thinking that this time, I'll really keep the weight off And I have.

I'm on my latest version of low carb, which I started in 2003 to great success. But it turned out, I had further to go than I thought. I had to change even more.

I gave up more, and I got more.

I'm finally completing a massive wardrobe revamp. Back in 2003, I did get rid of my "upper range" of sizes, and I've never gone back. Low carb IS for life, for me. But I did spend a long time dealing with other health issues and incredible stress, and figuring all this stuff out.

Still, even with my "new normal," I kept bumping up a size. Though I had a new "range." You all know what I mean. My entire adult life was about keeping too many clothes, half of which I couldn't wear at any given time.

I've got bags and bags of barely worn stuff I'm taking to the consignment store. I'll see what she'll take and what might be worth consignment. But basically, I'm DONE. I am, at long long last, having a "normal" wardrobe experience. I bought some new clothes and now I'm not even going to work any more! (On furlough, who knows?)

It's all because I got terribly sick. The way I was eating didn't even put more weight on, but it made me go deeper into my autoimmune issues. This turned my head around and I was willing to reboot my entire eating plan. And it turned out to be radically restrictive.

Right now, it's cooked meat/seafood, dairy, eggs, stevia-sweetened chocolate, and raw fruit. I use the botanical definition of fruit, so it includes guacamole and dill pickles and tomato in small amounts. Primal kitchen condiments, spices, coconut oil. And that's IT.

But that works for me. The results, both health and weight, have been nothing short of amazing.

Because I was willing to do whatever it takes. And I enjoy my food even more than I ever did as a bingeing, overweight, frantic teen.

I have less choice in food. But more choice in everything else.