View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 13:41
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

I'm finding that there is a world of difference in my ability to maintain exercise, healthy eating, and weight loss progress now that I know about LC. The difference between my upcoming maintenance and all previous attempts is that I am now in my longest sustained period of stable blood sugar levels and I know that blood sugar/insulin needs to be an unwavering priority for me for the rest of my life. I'd say that will also eliminate about 80% of the challenges of maintenance.

What remains is maintaining a commitment to exercise (easier now that my life is structured in a way that I have to be active), not getting off track if I have a lifestyle change (easier to stay on top of now that I weigh and chart my weight every day), and not buying into high carb/low fat blather like I have in the past.

Dieting is much much much easier now than ever in the past for me, and LC was the missing key. For me, maintenance will of course be about weight to some degree, but first and foremost it is about my blood insulin levels, healthy whole foods, and daily exercise. With those three not wavering, I doubt weight is going to shoot around too much.

Lynda