View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 18:04

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

When I'm out and about I usually listen to NPR radio in the car. If it's a Sunday afternoon I sometimes catch the program "Dr. Zorba Pastor on your Health". Most of the time I enjoy it but some things make me freak - like the episode where he said Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack when someone called asking about a LC diet.

So I know he's low fat devotee based on his weekly recipes, but I ignore that part of the show. But yesterday he had a woman call in who has 2 children who are both T1 diabetics - a boy of 17 and a girl of 12. Her doctor wanted to put them both on statins as they each had elevated cholesterol, but she was worried about something like that for such young children.

Well Dr. Zorba did feel the evidence was not in to start someone as young as her daughter on statins. But he was totally on-board with the son going on statins as soon as he turned 18. He went on for quite some time about what a "wonder drug" statins are, and that heart attacks/deaths (? can't recall exactly) have dropped by 75% since statins came into common use. The mother was worried about such young children being on such drugs for life - but he seemed to feel this was the absolute best thing they could do, and that EVERY diabetic, regardless of cholesterol levels, should be on statins. He finally seemed to have convinced the mom that this would be in her childrens' regimens forever and what a blessing that would be.

I may have to start turning off the radio when his program comes on in the future!