#40   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 17:10

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 230/137/130 Female 5'3"
BF:29%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lueezeee
I found this recipe today... has anyone made these???

Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs, separated
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 3 Tablespoons cottage cheese (or 3 1/2 tbsp ricotta)
  • 2 packets Splenda
Preheat oven to 300°F.

Separate eggs very carefully (make sure NONE of the yolk gets into the white.) Spray PAM on a Teflon cookie sheet. Use an electric beater to beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (but not dry). Mix egg yolks, cottage cheese and Splenda (or Sugar Twin) in separate bowl. Fold yolk-mixture carefully into egg whites being sure not to break down fragile whites - mix no longer than 1 minute. Place the mixture carefully on the cookie sheet, gently putting one tablespoon on top of another until it is two (2) inches in height. Repeat until you have 6 little "pillows". Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 35-55 minutes (depending on your firmness preference.)

Makes 6 rolls. 1 carb per serving.

I make these, triple the recipe, but I use 4 eggs instead of 3 (for triple recipe that's a dozen eggs), and mayo instead of the ricotta, and I make 2 versions, one plain with splenda which I use for French Toast and sweeter things--like sprayed with David Burke sprays, and a savory one which I add garlic powder, onion powder, a little flaxmeal and sprinkle with cheese (sometimes add parmesan, can type) I don't make it sweet with splenda, but a little splenda sometimes.

The trick is to have room temperature eggs.

And to make sure there is no yolk in the egg whites.

And to wipe the bowl and beater with vinegar on a paper towel.

And to beat the eggs long enough.\

And to CAREFULLY fold in the egg yolk mixture into the whites. I fold in a bit of whites into the yolks and mix, then do the reverse and fold with a spoonula only about 6-8 folds each addition (2X's)

I make 6 in pammed muffin top pans, piling high, and the rest in a jelly roll pan which I line with parchment.

Try this method.

Also these taste better the day after, and cold.

I love the french toast. Especially.

And burgers! With the savory type.