#2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-21, 02:00
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Awesome approach.

It's often been said around here that we tend to repeat our 'base' meals. That makes sense, and it's not just folks trying to lose weight - that's everyone. I encourage newbies, especially those a little intimidated by giving up store-bought crap and having to cook, to forget about glamourous recipes, at least at first. Learn to cook your favourite baseline foods well. Hard-cooked eggs without a nasty grey ring, a good steak, a nice roasted chicken, whatever you see yourself repeating.

I know you don't eat many veggies, but one of my simplifications is frozen veggie mixes. You can mix them and match them, turn them into soup, and some of them are already flavoured with peppers/onions/mushrooms added. Stir-fry, anyone? And they're all delicious, also, just nuked with some butter, salt & pepper on them.

Spices and sauces are another simplification, in a way. If I can make a decent Thai curry sauce, Indian curry, BBQ simmer sauce, and Chinese stir fry sauce out of what's in my pantry and condiments in the fridge, I can make some killer meals with whatever other ingredients I have on hand. I made a Thai coconut curry with fish and leftover bagged cole slaw mix once. Would that ever be served at a Thai restaurant? Probably not. Was it delicious? WHY YES.