#6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-19, 15:37

Plan: Classic Atkins
Stats: 275/272/165 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbaranks
It is extremely difficult low-carbing this time round. I first started my journey in 2009 and have used this forum for the best part of the duration.
(

I just started Atkins again myself .. we did it for three months last in 2010 ... my wife and I both broke over a plate of ginger beef and after a rather embarrassing carb binge .. threw in the towel. Food boredom ...

For nine years my wife and I have watched our health tank .. watched ourselves get so lazy ... have each gotten so hostile with one another due to blood sugar moods ... and throughout it all we kept saying "Why didn't we stay on Atkins - we were doing so good".

My reason for getting on Atkins again this time is not weight .. its health. Doctor wanted to put me on blood pressure medication and start annual stress tests for heart .. I do NOT like taking medication. I watched all my uncles and cousins get on the medication train .. and just slow it down .. by the end their quality of life was horrible. I don't want that. I sincerely believe in the health and heart benefits of LC .. so I started again.

This time, I put up a whiteboard in the kitchen .. and it lists every reason why I am dieting .. so if I start to think about throwing in the towel .. I'll realize that weight loss is but one reason ....

Attached a photo of my board ... There's actually another reason not on there .. 9) Be an example for my teenagers ..

I'm sure you can find lots of reasons to stay the course ... but the biggest reason not to throw in the towel? Regret.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atkins_why.jpg (24.9 KB, 26 views)