View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/189/145
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default hypothyroidism

What a relief to find out that I'm not alone! Beside IGT and IR, I had a clean bill of health in Jan 2001 when I lost 23lbs Atkins in 3 months, hit a plateau, then in Nov 2001 regained 80% in 3 weeks. My doc tested & said hyopothyroidism, & prescribed thyroxine. I found this forum in a state of despair, because I was still doing Atkins, but without the same sucess as this time last year. I see now that I am lucky to have lost the 10lbs in the past 3 months. I have not regained my enery and enthusiasm that I lost at that time, in fact some days I feel so ill I only get out of bed long enough to go to gym, and then come back and sleep for the next 18 to 20 hours. At these times, I become so despondant that I feel like taking all the medication and turfing it out the window. I often wonder if it is not all the side effects of all these synthetic hormones and chemicals that are causing this lassitude and exhaustion. A friend and fellow Atkinser reminded me of the fat fast fat fast (pg 239 New Diet Revolution 1999) which I am trying, starting today. I'll post my progress on that one. Thanks for sharing everybody!