#50   ^
Old Thu, May-09-19, 07:44

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots

This morning at the grocery store I picked up one of those yellow boxes in the lunchmeat section called Lunchables. You probably know what I'm talking about, as they are undoubtedly the convenience food of choice for busy parents, and probably the kind of thing kids covet at school. The contents are shocking, and so is the price. For about $2.50, you get something like 330-440 calories (depending on the items), including a Capri Sun "fruit" beverage and a candy bar, with a dab of cheese and some kind of lunch meat and crackers. Yikes! Diabetes in a box, right?

American grocery stores are miracles of abundance and choice. But the choices are the key to a lifetime of health, or not.

My kids know to steer clear of this junk. At least when Im around. I point out that buying a package of deli meat and deli cheese is much cheaper,, and no crackers. Most deli's have a prepackaged section now. The prices are steep, but not as ridiculous as the Lunchable type. The deli's know they have a captive consummer so charge $10/lb for roast beef. Sheeesh.