View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:01

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Good idea Zule!

1. How did I feel? I felt out of control and shaky. I didn't really eat because I was hungry, but more because of the ill, light headed feeling I had after going a few hours without food. Carb cravings for me.. are the feeling of my blood sugar dropping soon after I ate, eating more carbs because those were my comfort foods and dropping again.

2. Nothing else controlled my carb cravings. I have been on many diets mostly low fat.. and high carb. I was thin for most of my life because I lived on diet pepsi and a few carbs.. and then my low blood sugar problems set in and I could no longer go without eating and then the weight came on. I was on Phen/Fen and was exercising and could not lose weight.

3. I can't remember how I heard about the program, but when I bought the book I knew they were talking to me.

4. One year on CALP.. my cravings went away after about a month, but they are back because for some reason I keep cheating. I have not binged since starting a year ago.. I would say I have never had to entirely restart. I go a couple of days of cheating and then get serious again. By cheating I mean.. not having balanced RMs or eating a little after the hour.

5. I am about half way through my journey of weight loss.. but realize this is for life. I am not in control right now.. but nothing like I was before.. and no shaky feeling.

6. Never had the kid in the candy store syndrome.. if you mean stuffing myself with sweets and such at a RM.

7. Definitely for life.. I like not being shaky and don't ever want to start the yo-yo diet thing again.

8. I do recommend it to others, but understand that everyone has their own journey and they need to listen to their bodies.. but do something. Life is too short to be out of shape and feel uncomfortable.