View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 00:35

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

#3.
I had heard the Heller's speak on various talk shows when they first became popular, but laughed them off as being ridiculous. A long time later I started on Atkins and found this website. I kept my eye on one or two CAD people, saw they were actually losing and became intriqued. I bought the books and gave it a whirl.....best thing I EVER did for myself!

#4.
It took about 3-4 days for the cravings and headache to go away. The headache I'm pretty sure was from the reduction in diet sodas (still a bit a tough piece for me), I have never had to re-start CAD. I've had 3-4 days that didn't go perfectly planned due to being out of town and a little over relaxed, but I jumped right back on and didn't suffer any craving problems.

Nearly all the time I feel in control. It has been really wonderful. I had a bit of a little shake up recently when out of town and feeling like I wanted to rebel a bit, but that was the first time I had that feeling in over a year. My relationship with food feels much more normal, even different, as things I thought I couldn't live without have become much less important. My tastes have changed and I really think about what I want for RM. There is no more thoughtless eating. I hate a messed up RM so they are carefully planned to be good for body and soul. No more hiding out.....I eat my treats in public and enjoy them completely.
There are times when my RM sneaks back to the KITCSS, but because I fill up fairly rapidly, there is really only so much damage I can do! Sometimes I just want what I want.....and I have it.....in my hour...never, never over.

#6.
Pretty much answered in previous question.

#7.
I can absolutely see this as a lifetime woe. I have never been on a plan so easy to stay on. I don't feel deprived or angry about not being able to eat like a "normal" person all the time. I would stay on CAD even if I never lost another pound. While my weight loss is slow I believe CAD is unraveling all the dieting damage I've done over many, many years. I'm starting to feel a great deal of harmony with my body, my weight, and my food. It's a wonderful feeling.

#8.
I realize the CAD is not for everyone, but I wish everyone would give it a try. I feel like I want to recommend it to every overweight person I see struggling through life, but I know that's not my perogative. CAD has brought some sanity and happiness back to my life. I'm eating with my family again and they love it. They love that I'm cooking again and even enjoying it from time to time! I don't think about food all the time (except when I'm planning the perfect RM!) I'm hopeful again. I really believe that I'm having a normal relationship with food again and am a better role model for my last DD than I was for my first 2. I want to lose more weight, but I am content to know that it may be a long journey. It's ok because I know that anything I want/need to eat is never more than 24 hours away and often when the 24 hours have passed I don't even want it. I don't overeat and I don't obsess and best of all.....I don't hide!

Deb