View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

My good freind bonnie is a pastry chef and taught me to make cheesecake FOR REAL. (dammit-now I cant have it), Good stuff too, the european style, super rich and not so sweet. freaking heavenly. When I was LC last time, I took a bite, savored it and spit it out because I didnt want the carbs! She made SO MUCH FUN OF ME!

The thing about cheesecake is that the sugar is part of the liquid in the recipe-and Miss scruff is right, is a huge part of the success of the recipe. Im just now trying it out, with SF torani black cherry syrup because its the only LC sweetener I have in the house except stevia which sucks.

One of the tricks, if you dont have a springform pan is to place your cheesecake in a water bath-helps it cook more evenly. Also, a sheet of paper (pastry parchment is best) underneath helps it come out of the pan better.

I have a wonky oven so the crust didnt wanna get crusty. Thats probably me. ANy tricks for the almond meal and butter crust?

Will report tomorrow, Im looking forward to it because Im week 7 and Im a little stir crazy for a treat!