View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 14:51

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

I tried Atkins 14 years ago, lost 10lbs in a week, and stopped out of fear from all the stupid media misinformation surrounding it.

10 years later, fatter and in ill-health, I went to SB. I tailored it twice to work for me. Once, at the very beginning, I eliminated all grains and sugar except a few berries. That way I didn't even have to think about carbohydrates, because the only ones I was getting were green and leafy and harmless. Later, having lost all my weight, I tweaked it again to change from low fat products (like yogurt and cheese) to full fat. I did that because by then I had learned that extra sugar and chemicals are usually substituted for fat in low fat products and, for the first time in my life, I had become interested in eating for optimal health and not just to be slim. That eventually lead toward a lc paleo/primal w.o.e. that seems to be a perfect fit for me, so far.

So IMO it's all good. If one method doesn't work, try another. And another. There are plenty of choices now. Just keep your eye on the prize: stable blood sugar, weight loss, and a w.o.e. you are happy to maintain for the rest of your life.