View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 04:55

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I have always found the GI problematic as it did not take into consideration amount. Glycemic Load helped me more as I could see how a food rated as low GI could actually be very high GL. Atkins has always incorporated GL (particularly the new Westman et al AFANY) in the program. Foundation vegetables in Induction are both low GI and low GL. The carb ladder emphasizes low GL.

For me, since I am very carb sensitive, I could not follow SB. Too many carbs, too early in weight loss. The last phase is going back to the way you were eating when you gained all your weight. Atkins, on the other hand, is a program of self discovery for you to find out for yourself what foods are a no-no for you personally. It is not a program of fats until maintenance. Whoever wrote that is not that familiar with Atkins. The last stage is eating the foods and in their quantities that will keep you from regaining any weight. It is not about going back to what you did to gain weight. For me, I found SB more hype than science. More about pleasing the consumer than helping them to discover their own issues. This, of course, is just my own opinion. The program does work for some, especially those that are not carb-sensetive and is very popular.