#11   ^
Old Sun, May-05-19, 19:54

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
And there are plenty of people, many right here in these forums - who feel they have found a new WOE that’s going to help and heal them, yet they are still FAT. If you start out at over 375 pounds like I did you are going to be *morbidly obese* for a long time, probably for years, regardless of how strict you are on your WOE. When strangers see you they just see a fat person. They don’t see the months and years of struggle you’ve gone to just to get to the point you are at. So of course all people deserve respect regardless of their size as we have no clue of the journey they’ve been on.

Oh goodness!! This!! ^^^^^^^^^

It’s so upsetting when people in my community who have never had more than maybe 10 pounds of weight to lose try to tell me, “you know, if you just eat less meat (common belief here) you’ll lose that weight”. Or “I needed to lose weight too (again, maybe 10 pounds), but I started walking after dinner and dropped it”. I’m so tempted to overshare and explain to them, “actually I’ve lost nearly 60 pounds (in 3 long years) trying to eat appropriate amounts of meat and reducing my carbs...which are the main staple of your diet”. The first 30 took over 2 years, so for me, it took a while to get the ball rolling. No one noticed my weight loss and continues to give me “advice” or rather, judgement. I felt guilty for buying a birthday cake or ice cream for my kids or for going on shopping runs for the church because of the looks I would get. It’s terribly frustrating. But again, as long as you’re thin, it’s okay to eat garbage, I guess. 🤷‍♀️