#3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 12:29

Plan: Rose Elliot's veg LC
Stats: 185.6/174/140 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply.
Interested to hear how you are managing thing over the long term. I'm not sure how long I can go on being this strict about carbs. I am eating 20g per day but it is a right pain in the neck trying too work out what I am going to eat for the whole day so carefully and adding up grams of carbs all the time. How long have you been going? How many carbs so you limit yourself to?

I think that after two or three weeks I have to go back to eating fruit and vegetables because I miss them too much. Will probably do that and leave out any other sugar and have no bread or pasta or rice or anything and see if I could still lose weight slowly that way. Would be interested to know how you've done it over a long time period because doing this for months on end seems rather impossible from where I am no! Perhaps my perspective will change when I've persevered for longer.

Not too easy on the meals, not much variety to be had. Found a few things I like eating. Going to have asparagus and poached eggs tonight for dinner.

I've been eating lots of fried pieces of tofu dipped in home made mayo with salad leaves for lunch - easy to take to work. Also romaine lettuce with veggie bacon and bits of goat cheese and some pumpkin seeds.

My favourite breakfast thing is ground linseeds with protein isolate powder, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract mixed with boiling water and a few nuts. Sometimes with a little soy yoghurt. Tastes quite like porridge.

Good snack has been a little bit of cold uncooked silken tofu with a tsp of soy sauce - like the japanese eat it. Bit of an acquired taste though that one. My boyfriend lived in Japan for a while and I got used to it as it was one of the only vegetarian things available for most of the time!

Definitely not up to justifying being a vegetarian to anyone, been having that conversation my whole life. People really like to have a go for some reason. Think its probably the same with cutting out carbs, everyone likes to tell you that it's a bad idea for some reason. Really just trying not to discuss it with anyone to avoid having to defend it. I think being a vegetarian makes some people feel guilty and they get all aggressive about eating meat in response. Pretty irritating, I'm definitely not evangelical about it - just brought up by hippies!