#63   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-23, 14:25

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I used to make greek yogurt but I used half and half which came from a local dairy in glass bottles with no additives. I guess I’m a purist but I can’t imagine eating low fat greek yogurt. The greek yogurt I used to make was really quite wonderful. Although I have cut down some on how much fat I eat I just cannot get on the low fat band wagon. I eat 30%-40% protein and the rest is some combination of carbs and fat. Seems to work ok.

Agree, I’m similar in that unsweetened whole milk Greek yogurt, whether I make it or buy it, has all the positives for me and none of the perceived negatives due to the fat. While it may have to do with my current weight as Janet alludes to in a previous post, which I’ve maintained for quite a few years, I also believe the dynamics of fat consumption vary per person. How I eat is informed by how I feel and react metabolically and physically. Being intimately in tune with these things helps me eat correctly and make adaptations as I get older. For many of us, it’s a lifelong pursuit, and when one is paying attention, can make all the difference. While I’m eager to apply new programs if they make sense, I find some don’t work well for me, and that should be expected.