View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-12, 15:07

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

Just thought I'd update on some variations I've made.

- I now mix almond flour in with the peanut butter to thicken it a bit to a better rolling consistency. I don't bother with the Splenda anymore, but if you really want you could add a bit of something to sweeten it up.
- if you chill them and dip it in chocolate coconut bark or drizzle it with coconut bark it tastes really good. Even better if you sprinkle some unsweetened shredded coconut on top of the chocolate before it solidifies.
- If you want to add a Rice Krispies like crunch you can add a bit of textured vegetable protein to it (TVP) without affecting the flavor. It's made of soy but I don't worry about it much since I vary rarely eat anything with soy and only make these as a treat to bring as a treat to other people's homes on special occasions. (Saves me from eating really bad carby foods.)
- Sometimes I mix unsweetened shredded coconut into the peanut butter mix for added texture and flavor.
- i mixed some cocoa powder into the almond flour and then combined it with the peanut butter. It tasted alright but I think it needed a bit of sweetener added to really make a nice flavor.

Also, I've tried adding protein powder a few times but we've never liked the texture or consistency in our mouths, but that could be just a personal preference thing.