#25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-10, 15:13

Plan: No idea
Stats: 145/-/125 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet
In a nutshell I would say that Peat suggests eggs, milk, shellfish and one serving of meat daily for protein. He does not recommend too much meat because the cysteine in it turns off the thyroid gland temporarily. He recommends only saturated fats such as butter and coconut oil, along with small amounts of olive oil. For carbs he recommends potatoes and other root veg and fruit (tropical fruit in particular). He frowns on grains and gluten as most LC gurus do, but says that occasional use of oats, rice and masa harina are okay.

He works very well for people with thyroid and adrenal issues. All my fellow hypos that have followed his plan have lost weight and gotten healthy. In fact, my friend had been trying to get pregnant for two years and she had only been on Peat for a month when she conceived.

I read somewhere in one of the journals claiming Peat suggested the thing which one makes one gain weight is the starches not the sugar, hence fruit sugar is OK but not starches ... but from what you write the plan is heavy on the potatoes which is starch?

Oh, but I think this plan is so suitable to the Irish lol, meat and potatoes, how can you go wrong

What do you have for breakfast? Fried eggs and hash browns come to mind, or steak and chips I presume beans and pulses are out?

So I think an example menu would be:

B: fried eggs and hash browns
L: chicken/fish with one or two small potatoes
D: Same as lunch???

Or:
B: Cottage cheese / Greek yogurt
L: seafood or chicken& corn or chicken & potato soup
D: chicken/fish/ steak with one or two small potatoes

Is the above right?? I didn't include juices or fruit, but suppose that could be taken as snacks in between??