View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-10, 14:21

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I am tracking my carbs and would definitely say I'm NOT eating LC, but moderate carb. Yesterday I consumed 242 carbs, today I should be somewhere around 275+. (Did you know that 6 Medjool dates are 108 carbs! Okay, probably won't buy them again.)

I was eating rice pudding, made with arborio rice. Not doing it right now primarily because I have a very difficult time with portion control. Here's the recipe I used:

Arborio Rice Pudding
1 cup water
Pinch salt
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup Arborio rice
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Few dashes ground cinnamon
Whipped cream, for serving (optional)

Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice, return to a boil, put a lid on and then reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Shake the pan occasionally and cook until rice has absorbed the water but is still al dente, about 15 minutes.
Bring milk, sugar, vanilla, and a few dashes of cinnamon to a simmer in a separate saucepan. Add the cooked rice and cook at a simmer over medium-low heat with lid ajar until rice absorbs most of the milk and mixture starts to get thick and silky, about 20-25 minutes.
Transfer pudding to a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Place in refrigerator until cool and set (it will thicken when cooled). Serve with whipped cream and a dash more cinnamon.