View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-17, 11:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Huge Congrats on being so close to your goal weight, andante!

I've been a yo-yo "diet-wise" since I lost my first 100 + lbs in 1978 following A '72... It's a wonder I didn't hang myself with all that string...

Probably lost well over 600 lbs in all those years, only to put 'em back on over and over again!

Imma slow learner and finally figured out what I was doing wrong when I did my final restart in July 2013.

I wouldn't give up the carbs...thought my problem was just losing the weight and I NEVER had a second thought about keeping the weight off... yeah that was stupid!

But this time it was truly different b/c I knew if I didn't nip my weight problem in the bud, I would be facing medical issues due to being morbidly obese and getting older. A lethal combination, IMHO! I want to be the best I can be weight and health wise in my 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond...

Here's a quote that I finally acknowledge and accepted:

Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
I haven't changed a thing eating-wise, I pretty much each exactly the same way I did when I was losing the weight (i.e., same amount of carbs around 4 daily; and less than 1,000 kcals). This is what works for me!

I haven't experimented by add more carbs b/c I don't know if I can ever rein in "Fat Jo" if she ever crosses "that line" of too many carbs again like I did in the past.

I just don't have the emotional fortitude to FIGHT her to lose weight ever again; I'd rather continue to FIGHT her to stay where I am health and weight-wise. It's so much easier but still hard WORK b/c I carbs, but they don't love me back!

Wishing you continued success on your journey!