View Single Post
  #2140   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-19, 17:16

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig----Wheeeeeeeeeeee! You sound like you're having so much fun, totally in your element. I love that you're committed to enjoying yourself to the max on this trip and let the others do/be what ever.

I can't remember where you are. Are you on a lake or the ocean? Either way, wish I was there. SIGH. Been so long since we've camped and I used to just love it, both growing up and w/hubby. Nothing like a good drink and a steak on the grill after a long beach day.

Jaz---Yay for cancellations! It's like getting a bonus day off. And you needed it!

Cool to read that you have a big maple in your front yard. My fave tree of all, so stunning in the fall. I bet the river rocks around it are so pretty.

I don't like that lottery winner show. Liked David's former show MUCH better. He's such a good/fun designer and imo this show just wastes him. It's so cookie cutter, go see the realtor, look at 3 houses, throw out a couple of ideas, so boring to me. Not that you asked, HA!---but I'm just PO'd they're not using his talent and I really like to see the design and before and after stuff.

Lori---Funny about you and chicken wings. I happened to have some out at lunch today w/a pal that I didn't like at all. I'm fussy about them, but when I like 'em I really like 'em. But yeah, LOL, you may be one of the few these days who says BAWK! to chicken legs.

I look forward to hearing what you do w/your fryer. I always enjoy hearing about recipes and what people are making and eating, even though I don't like doing it myself at all. Never have but man, lately I've really been lazy about anything having to do w/the kitchen. Hoping that gets a bit better w/fall.

Steadyed---Haha, after just saying I'm no cook I do have an easy LC white sauce for you, great w/chicken, fish, steak. 4 TBS. butter, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, 1/3 cup of cream, 1 fresh garlic clove minced (or to your taste), salt pepper. You can add dill or other spices that suit your fancy as well.

Saute the garlic in the butter till it's softened and cooked thru, Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir on and off on low heat till it thickens a bit . SUPER EASY and DELISH.

Nic---You are doing so well staying chill w/T. Yeah, he has an entirely different MO than you do, but he seems to pull it off in the end. As you know, I empathize entirely and from experience. You go Mama, it's not an easy thing, but I promise you w/the love and guidance you and the hubby have given him he's going to turn out just fine---eventually. It's that last word that tries the souls of moms everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a gnarly awful business meeting on Thursday that's had me in a royal blue funk I'm just today starting to feel recovered from. People say it's "just work" but that turns out to be a lot when you're living thru it, right Jazzer?!

Have had disappointing work presentations many times in all these years, but this one was extra so, due to factors I won't bore y'all with. Suffice to say that it really threw me for a loop because I wasn't expecting it at all. I hate disappointment, maybe more than any other feeling, and a surprising disappointment is just the worst.

Good news is I didn't drown my sorrows in carbs. Probably because the whole thing made my stomach hurt and I wasn't hungry, so not to claim any credit, but the end result was still good.

Did have my treat night last night at a pal of ours who made us a beautiful all fresh from the garden ragu on angel hair pasta and peach pie. The best kind of cheat---excellent food. And I am happy to report that I was moderate about it. This is something I'm working on as I have a tendency to go nuts sometimes on treat nights---like I know it will end and I can't get enough. Really working on that part of me---which my hubby calls my "starving peasant in another life mode."

Today it's super gloomy and rainy out. I am LOVING it. Seriously, we've had sunny days for 2 weeks and I needed a change and some cozy refuge from all that cheerfulness.

Tonight is a stay at home and read or watch latest series night. Total chill. Yay.