#30   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 18:37

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Not pickn' on you...

TriciaW;

Not pickn' on you... Please know that, I am going to use what you wrote for and as an example of how it is possiable to fool ourselves.

If you are capable to bring me a pound of "Good Intentions", "Positive Images", and "goals", some others...

"*really work on daily positive visualization
*motivate myself to exercise more regularly because it makes me feel good
*be diligent about eliminating negative thoughts
*be happy and proud of my progress so far
*be patient about my progress"

You would be a millionare if that stuff was "real" and you could be the supplier to the world.

Now if you combine all that "Feel Good" stuff with a daily WOE that in our case is total participation in the Atkins WOE, then you will experience great results, then you will really have some pride and feelings of accomplishments. That can start on the very first pound by the way.

Other wise it's just BS and the "Feel Good" stuff waists time and acomplishes nothing in and about itself. I guess, I sound pretty negative about self talk and affirmation, that is as far from the truth as possiable, but I know you have to be the one who chooses what you put into your mouth and the world is so diluted but the 70's-'80's and '90's psyco-babble. All I noticed is when I stopped thinking positive thoughts and actually did something positive about my being 401 pounds, things changed, and in a very BIG way.

TriciaW, Thank you for letting me use what you write as an example and 'preach' a little, nothing personal I asure you.

I've seen many failures in my life and I couldn't find out why. I was a nice person, a caring and loving friend, I had a great belief and all the good stuff. When I took responsibility totally and without reserve, and took Actual ACTION, then and only then did my world change. I just wanted to say that.

My son, one of four, told me just the other day..."Dad, you have a thought and idea, you think the hole world needs to know it." I told him thanks you, what was his point? We both laughed.