#23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 21:26
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Post How to Do Your Own Affirmations

I Wanted to get my article done & put on here,my time restraints at home tho, I don't always get done what I want to... when I want to... such is life with a 1 y.o. heheheh... ANYHOW... I wanted to give you a good idea of what affirmations are, so I done some searching, and I think this is a great article about affirmations: It comes from the following; http://www.mjbovo.com/Affirmations.htm

Affirmations are statements of acceptance that one uses to allow the manifestation of your destiny. They are powerful and positive thoughts and statements sent out to the universe. To do positive affirmations, you need to eliminate the negativity around you. You must first believe that YOU CAN manifest your destiny. It must be a positive, powerful belief not just 'maybe I'll try and see if this works". Together with Visualizations, you can create the life you want:

Before You Begin
Decide what area of your life you want to work on and then decide what you want. There are several important points to know about affirmations:
Use the present or past tense. Do not use the future tense. You want your mind to know it has already happened
Be POSITIVE. Use the most positive terms you can. Never use negatives in affirmations.
Write them. As you are learning to do affirmations, write them down so you will remember exactly what you want to say. Keep them short and very specific. Personalize them with your name.
Believe. Always believe that what you are saying is happening. The more you believe, the stronger the affirmation.
Repetition. Being repetive and persisteant helps to set them in your head and in your unconscious being.
Time. Always have a specific time daily set aside for your meditations, affirmations and visualizations. This will help set a pattern for you so you will do them daily...(note:a lot of ppl do them in the morning & evening) HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF AFFIRMATIONS FOR HEALTH:
I have the power to control my health.
I am in control of my health and wellness.
I have abundant energy, vitality and well-being.
I am healthy in all aspects of my being.
I do not fear being unhealthy because I know that I control my own body.
I am always able to maintain my ideal weight.
I am filled with energy to do all the daily activities in my life.
My mind is at peace.
I love and care for my body and it cares for me

I am posting these so that any who are not familiar with affirmations can get a better idea of what they are. I would be happy to help anyone write some up, but there might be areas of a more personal nature, where someone might want to do their own. Any one wanting some help tho, just pm me, and we can work on them together~ Thanks for coming here~ and for checking this out~ it works... try it!!!