#21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 18:02
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default My day~

I had thought that I would be able to finish the article on meditation that I was working on... due to many projects about the house, getting it winterized, and a KaeLyn, who didn't nap today... the article is not finished yet... I want to tell you all about object meditation,... it is focusing on an object, to help clear the mind of anxiety, and other "clutter"... You see once this can be accomplished, it is much easier to focus on your goals... it can be thought of as taming your mind... here is a crappy analogy, but one nonetheless I know many of you have dogs... do you remember how you first started with training that dog to walk on a leash? It would not listen.. it wanted to go where IT wanted to go, would tug at that leash, and fight it all the way... but then... the dog learned...hey... this person will take me wherever as long as I stay on this thing attached to me... and stop when they want me to, and go when they want me to... it learned that being on task, instead of going all over God's creation, was beneficial when being on this leash... (I told you it was a crappy analogy heheheh) BUT... aren't our minds similiar to that dog wanting to wander? We try to focus on our goals, and a million things pull us in a million different directions... sometimes it seems all at once!! Once we learn that we can go farther, and attend to task, the task being focusing on our goals, and having minimal distractions...Personally, I KNOW of the benefits of meditation... I done what was called candle meditation for a long long time,... and I miss it... I don;t have the time to call my own at this point in time to do that... however, I do mini-meditate, and I will share with you how I do it... Also there is the power of affirmations.
Affirmations can be described as "mini-prayers", for it is in the words that we speak, and in the thoughts that we let go through our heads, that our lives are shaped. We all have mind-tapes, and there is not only material that you-yourself has on them, but also mixed up in the jumble, are the things that others have told you over the years... both good and bad... it does take some practice to implement a more positive mindset when the "tapes" have a lot of negative material on... but take it CAN be done... I would like to offer a suggestion to help get started... whenever you notice a negative thought coming into your thoughts... say , even if you have to say it out loud... and then say I void that thought... I consider it null and void... that's right...cancel the thought!!! THEN replace that thought with something more positive... lets give an example.... let;s say that the thought comes...."I will NEVER lose this weight"... replace that thought with something like "I am losing weight at a rate that is healthy for my body", or "I let go of the excess weight that my body is carrying",or "I am losing any extra weight and am on my way to my healthy weight." THe thing is... WORD IT AS SOMETHING POSITIVE~ USE POSITIVE WORDS, PHRASES.... after all it is for YOU... so what if it sounds hokey to someone else... you are doing this FOR YOU.... got it? Come on now... did ya? Nod your head if you did ok... that's better...I hope that this post helped some of you who are coming here to check this thread out... VISUALIZATIONS AND AFFIRMATIONS CAN WORK.... VISUALIZE THEN INTERNALIZE THEN REALIZE!~