View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%

Trisham - check out Low carb studies b/c there is a comparison as well as info about sweeteners...

Aine - Alright, when I started Atkins three months ago, I definitely thought that I should stay at 20 carbs a day (I don't know if you're a newbie), but (I think for most people) there is NO NEED. I love my OWL b/c I've found the way my body works. I would never want to go back - it would be torcher. After induction, I slowly increased my carbs and stayed under 30 for six weeks. Now I stay under 40, but that's me (I think that's high). I am losing slower now, but that's to be expected (and even if it isn't, I'm much more relaxed and I don't mind). If you want to stay under 20 c, that's your decision, but take some time to figure out if that's necessary. I feel that if I had tried to stay under 20 c/day, I would have not been able to really make this diet a WOL.

Check how metabolically resistant you are after induction is over and then decide about the 20 carb a day thing.
I have two-three cups of coffee a day w/ cream and splenda (and a occasional breve latte). I stayed away from all this including soda for two months, but the cream and the splenda should be okay, but just use in moderation.

Good Luck,
Erin