View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 09:24

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the reply! Wow, that's tough! I thought giving up sugar and wheat was tough, but milk products too? Doesn't it seem weird that the things we were told were good for us all our lives are actually making us sick? I have to admit, when I first started no gluten, wheat, sugar I kind of thought it was all BS. But now, I am off ALL my medications and running again! Who would have thought? I did lapse over Christmas and got sick for awhile, but I am back on track and feeling better. It's so funny that people say, oh it won't really hurt you, and yet IT DOES! Even my rheumy said he didn't think giving it all up would help me THAT much, and yet my blood tests say I am doing so much better. To think that I almost went on Chemo rather than trying this first. I am sure a believer NOW!

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better as a result of giving up wheat and dairy. Are there any substitutes that you can use? Like veggie cheese slices, etc? At least you are in SD where you have organic and vegan stores and restaurants. We don't even have a Whole Foods or Trader Joes in Tampa. Whenever I go to Cali, I stock up and bring stuff back with me! HA HA HA

Hang in there and post your progress. I hope that you continue to feel better!

--Andie