Old Tue, Nov-17-15, 19:00
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
I took this personally. And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying you're wrong. I AM one of those people. It's just that when I came to this forum I had been eating mostly on plan for 6 years without weight loss. I'm also one of those post-menopausal women with insulin resistance, not T2, only on one prescription medication and in general good health who is looking for the secret n=1 which will break my ever-lasting plateau.

Then, I see JustJo's anniversary, and read her posts about how she just "Eats OP every day" and I feel like an absolute idiot, jumping to IF, then to a potato hack, getting sick from who-knows-what new supplement or adding resistant starch. Honestly, I don't know what gets into me sometimes!

My goal is to be healthy and mobile, stay clear of T2 and arthritis pain. Still, the vain woman I've always been wants the weight-loss payoff.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend!

It is just something I'd observed - actually usually in younger than menopausal women where they'll say 'I ate two florets of broccoli last night and I've put on two lbs today, it must be the broccoli, I can't eat that again' (substitute broccoli for any foodstuff).

I certainly understand those people who try different things to get over a stall. Being so desperate lose the last few lbs is a little harder for me to understand (being very willing to settle for many lbs over my ideal of 160).