View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-01, 08:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Doreen's Rolls - Sharon's Cheese Danish Rolls

Gosh Doreen, this is a tough one...started out saying Doreen's Buns (didn't think this sounded good), nowing I'm trying Doreen's rolls (don't think I like the sound of this either)..but I think you'll get the idea. So for the record...sounds like Doreen and Sharon both have rolls. (Perhaps we should stop make these buns!!) Enough about buns and rolls.........

I've added these ingredients to Doreen's recipe to make what I call "Cheese Danish Rolls".

Before mixing yolk ingredients, reserve a 1/2 egg yolk to use in the Cheese Filling. (I just scooped a little out with a tsp.). By using this little amount of yolk it didn't seem to affect Doreen's recipe.

To Doreen's ingredients I add:
2 tbsp Splenda
1 tsp of cinnamon
(to the yolk mixture)

Cheese Filling
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 egg yolk
2 tbsp. Splenda
1/2 tsp. vanilla

After mounding the rolls on to a cookie sheet, I made a small indentation in the top of each roll to hold the filling.

MIcrowave the cream cheese until soft (10-15 secs). Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and stir until smooth. Fill each indentation with mixture and bake as Doreen's recipe indicates.

I like to add a little Sugar Free Jam to the top when cool enough to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E.D. Smith Strawberry is my favourite for this.

Doreen indicated she's not a big user of Splenda and neither am I. I tried this without using artifical sweetener and it seems the Cream Cheese and cinnamon taste better with just a little added.

Enjoy.