View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 01:14

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Update on blasting the pecs with flyes...

Ouch! They really are sore! Everywhere. Flyes and decline pushups seem to really do the trick!

Today (yesterday, it's just past midnight as I write this) I got some unintended exercise pulling heavy power cable. OMG was that tough! Had to pull several cables through an underground pipe using a rope. The rope exited the pipe at chest level, so it was all arm work.

The more cables we had in the conduit, the harder it got. At the end, we stood on some lumber and had to wrap the rope around a gloved hand and do a squat just to pull a couple more feet of cable. Over and over. At high altitude. Talk about wheezing!

Got home and gobbled two double hamburgers (so much for eating clean) and just wanted to go to bed. But... I'd promised myself that I'd get yesterday's ab workout in, and some cardio too - like pulling heavy cable at 8000 ft elevation isn't cardio...

Tonight's ab workout:
Crunches 20,20,20
Reverse crunches w/10lb ankle weights 30,30,30
Cross-over crunches 20,20,20
Side bridges 3x90sec
Ab roller face to floor and back up 15,15,15

Run: 12 minutes. Wimped out. Didn't run the entire 2.5 miles. It was blazing hot (and I was streaking again - running w/o a shirt). It's also a stage II smog alert, so maybe that had something to do with the loss of stamina. I'm *sure* it had something to do with my throat getting raw.

Maybe I should just break down and join a gym? Exercising at 65F in clean air sounds soooo nice!