View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 11:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I didn’t try the "carb nite" plan, because it was like the CAD plan and other carb cycling methods I did try, that did not work for me. Limiting carbs for only part of the day and then giving yourself a reward of a carb+fat food was a sure way to gain weight for me. Keifer had donuts on his carb nite, not a plain sweet potato.

Three methods have worked for me…the first was the Dr Atkins or Dr Westman approach where you have to give up most carbs, staying down at 20 g total carbs a day to start and then increasing only as much as you can handle well. That works until it doesn’t. Or as Dr Ted Naiman writes:

"If you want your body to be better at burning fat, you only have to do one thing, eat fewer carbohydrates. If you want your body to be better at burning your own stored body fat you only have to do two things, eat fewer carbohydrates and then eat less fat."

After I understood that ( it only took a decade!! Slow learner see my success story for more info ). I switched to two other moderate carb programs.
Dr Ted Naiman's The Protein to Energy Diet and Marty Kendall's Data driven fasting program. They both encourage some time restricted eating each day, but not fasts longer than 24 hours. They both emphasize protein intake, nutrient dense foods, including nutrient dense carbohydrates.

You can find them here in this semi low carb forum, they are the first two after your question. Carb Nite may offer you enough difference from CAD, but all the carb cycling programs "work" in similar ways. Also, as I remember it, Carb Nite was not a long term lifestyle but a short term restrict and feast protocol. I was looking for a way to eat forever to maintain a healthy weight.