#1971   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 12:31

Plan: modified Peat
Stats: 202/214/180 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: -55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasSeay
Your post is very insightful. It's very hard to weed out what is good and what is bad, but it looks like you have done that. So what exactly will you keep of the Peat stuff and what will you discard?

Thomas:
Mainly keep PUFA as low as I can. Gelatin. Pregnenolone. Progesterone. Avoid estrogens and estrogen promoters and also continue to avoid tryptophan and other serotonin boosters. Keep eating liver. Eat fruit as and when desired.
I guess basically what I will discard is what I have already discarded because I can't have it for allergy reasons........fish, seafood, oysters, and all high iodine foods of any kind. Plus foods I dislike for any reason. I don't like veggies that much, don't really like fruit that much either. I'm conflicted about broth......if I'm honest, I don't like it much either. Sometimes it is appealing, but if I only had broth when I wanted it, that would be a very few times a year.
HMM, maybe what I'm actually doing doesn't consist so much in what I will be eating, but in how I approach eating in general. I'm eating way too much grain right now, and have been for many weeks (fell off the wagon into a barrel of bread and rolls). Not sure how that is going to work out. But in keeping with the decision to NOT forbid any foods I'm not actually allergic to, I'm trying not to put them back into guilt land.
It will be interesting to see how long I can do this without freaking out over weight gain.........however, I decided to stop dieting BECAUSE after losing 14 lbs a few months ago, I had gained back 7 and was planning another restrictive diet, and I just couldn't do it. If I can learn to eat to appetite (real physical appetite) then I hope I can learn to accept whatever weight that leads to.
Re-reading what I have just written it seems like what I'm doing is just part of a progression, not a real departure from anything. I don't want to give up the benefits I've gotten from Peat-ing.......improved sleep, improved mental and physical function, huge improvement in hideous arthritic hands (huge reduction in Bouchard's and Heberden's nodes, which I had thought impossible). Huge improvement in age spots on backs of hands. More stable emotions/moods. And of course the really impressive stabilization of my blood glucose. I hope not to lose any of those benefits.
sol