Old Thu, May-21-09, 08:14

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby3
Now I seem to be stuck in the 170s.

I understand the frustration of being *stuck*, though I tend to *stick* at a weight still some hundred pounds higher than your current weight - which frustrates me no end as I still can't get my head away from the idea that someone who weighs as much as I do should start to lose easily with a better eating plan.

I'm 57, and T2 diabetic, so I can also empathize with the difficulties of being an "older" female with some health issues to deal with.

Right now I'm trying out the Kwasniewski "Optimal Diet" plan, which is based on low carb, adequate but not excessive protein, and proportionally plenty of fat. The premise that some of us are working on who have experienced stalls, is that it is too much *protein* which can cause it. Kwasniewski's biggest critique of the Atkins diet is that he feels it allows too much protein.

I don't know yet if it will be a "magic bullet" for me, but so far I've lost 7.5 pounds on the plan. There are lots of threads on it, mostly under 'General Low Carb" - but at least one long and interesting one in the Paleo subgroup also, if you are interesting in looking there at all. The one with the most experience with his plan is Pangolina.