View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-19, 13:39

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I'd really like to reduce the general population's addiction to sugar. I just don't know how.

Tax won't work, that's been proven

Making it illegal won't work, that's also been proven

How about a charge for health insurance tied to an obesity index? Unfair as the football and soccer kids are going to cost the health industry more not to mention the hang gliders, golfers (bad for your back), aerobic gym folks (bad for your ears), motorcyclists, rock climbers, etc.

Education seems to be the best way, but unfortunately, we have the best lawmakers money CAN buy - and that includes both major parties and the independents.

When the FDA became a group to support the food and drug industry instead of what it was designed to do, protect the citizen, we lost the integrity and the fight.

I can't stop a parent from letting their children play contact sports, I can't stop an adult from going out rock climbing, I can't stop someone from drinking too much, and I can't stop someone from eating too much sugar.

I guess I just have to take care of myself. I know not to eat sugar, I know not to play football, I know not to go rock climbing, I know not to go to places where the volume of sound is over 85dba, I know not to drink too much, and I know not to believe everything the media and the government tells me.

I'm only 73 years old, I've outlived my dad and quite a few of my friends, I'm on zero prescriptions and I have the circulatory system of a 50 year old (per a heart doc). If I don't step on a land mine or get hit by a falling meteorite, I think I'll have the last laugh.

My DW who is also low-carb will probably be there with me.

I can't be my brothers' keeper.

Bob