View Single Post
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-05, 22:48

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink I suppose I'll add my two cents!

This site has been a life saver for me....(as opposed to a lifesaver....that's a no no). A former Mississaugian, (close to Toronto) living halfway across the world here in Egypt....low carbing is virtually unheard of. I've been to dieticians here who pertly told me, "no bread, no rice, no macaroni, come back in a week if you've lost 10 lbs...if not, don't!" That't the extent of knowledge I've had to deal with. So I did the seek and find on the net, (hence my nick) and found YOU GUYS!! This entire site has been, informative on Lowcarbing, motivating, and definately the first stop of my day when I get online. I've met another member who is also from egypt and we've been able to help each other find various products that on our own would have taken extreme effort. I've made a GREAT friend that I cherish, especially now that I am living abroad and lack good conversation in my mother tongue. I've listened to people literally dissect my thoughts and arguments and help raise my thinking to a higher level. Besides all that, I find myself waist deep in a group of people who make me feel like, I BELONG. In my life I've learned that there are three types of people, those who have great ideas but lack in ability to follow through, those who have the ability, but lack the ideas, and then the third, which are a combination of the first two, this third group complement each other and strive towards goals quickly and as a whole. I see you all as the third. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I'm lucky to be a part of it.
Safa