#10   ^
Old Fri, May-24-19, 10:22

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaQ
Even so, you may need more salt yet. I know I was astounded by how much salt I need on LC.
It's also really important to increase other electrolytes and keep them in balance with salt. If you just add more and more salt, you'll get out of balance and it won't help. Add magnesium and potassium.

You can get supplements at any local pharmacy. Start with taking them twice a day. (Don't take more potassium than this--the pills are a tiny dose, but it is possible to over do it).

You can also get liquid drops to add to your water. Avoid anything that has any sweeteners. I'm not anti-sweetener. It's just that the electrolyte drops that are sweetened tend to be mostly flavor and very little minerals, so they aren't worth buying. I used a brand called Hi Lyte and bought it online at Amazon. I just put the drops in water (I mixed up a couple quarts of water every day with the drops), but they barely have any taste and you could add them to some other things like iced tea. The drops aren't super cheap, but I tapered off of them after about three months and now mainly use supplements.